US response to novel coronavirus outbreak isn't useful: FM

The US government hasn't provided any substantive assitance to China by far, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Monday.
"But the US was the first country to evacuate staff members from its consulate in Wuhan, the first to suggest partial withdrawal of its embassy staff, and the first to announce entry restriction for all Chinese citizens," she said.
China understands and respects reasonable measures that most countries have taken according to the World Health Organization's advice, but the US, which has powerful prevention capacity, is running counter to the advice by adopting drastic moves, Hua pointed out.
Since the outbreak, the Chinese government has taken the most comprehensive and strictest measures to prevent and control the disease, many of which far exceed the requirements by the International Health Regulations, Hua said.
As of Sunday, 16 foreigners in China had been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus pneumonia, of whom two have been discharged from the hospital, Hua said. The other 14 are under isolated treatment and are in stable condition.
- China's 2025 summer box office surpasses 2024 as domestic films take the lead
- China targets online abuse of military veterans ahead of V-Day
- Qingdao-based area emerges as rising hub for regional growth
- Port city ramping up educational resources
- Macao International Airport gets materials for expansion job
- Hefei metro station marriage ceremony stuns international bloggers